Lines and Dots

Lines and Dots
Yummy!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

So I'm not really sure which was harder - doing my first blog post or starting my first large canvas painting when I took Flora Bowley's online class!  I put together this blog months ago but I couldn't get up the courage to start posting.  How silly is that!  Not sure what I was (am?) afraid of - maybe that no one will care one whit about what I have to say?  Yeah, probably.  Also, I think it had to do with me being a fairly private person and not knowing how much to share or not share.  But for some reason these past couple of weeks I just kept thinking - just do it!  Just START.  Just write something and see where it goes.  So here I am.  I hope you will join me on this journey!

Want to see what that first crazy step was like to my first large canvas painting?  All that white canvas just glaring up at me saying 'fill me up!'.  Yikes.  It was stupid scary to throw down that first bit of paint:



Layer after layer it has morphed into this:



and then into this:





There were definitely more layers in between but I wanted to share at least some of the progression:

and now:






Still not done....   But I'm thinking of calling her "Queen of her Castle".  Then again I might completely change it up, lol.  That's the beauty of working with these acrylic paints - don't like it? - just paint over it!  Love that!  I'll keep you posted on her progress!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister,
    You are an inspiration! When you follow your "bliss"....I am way more inclinded to follow mine. What fun it is to see the evolution of your painting...You've been hiding it from me? Haha! As they encouragingly say in my hula world..."no shame!" And thank you for continuing to breathe in (and out) the love and memories of our Mom...not only n Mother's Day, but always. Keep on flowing!
    ox Christy

    ReplyDelete