Lines and Dots

Lines and Dots
Yummy!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Miss you Mom!

Happy Mother's Day!


Dear Mom,
Happy Mother's Day!  I miss you every single day.  Both you and Dad.  Why did you have to leave so soon?  I wish that I had had the chance to know you better as I got older.  To be able to talk with you as I worked my way through some of those life lessons that I'm sure you saw coming :).  To be able to sit and visit while you drank your coffee and yes, smoked those damn cigarettes!  I miss those moments.  I wish you could have been here to see me embark on this creative journey, to offer your encouragement and love as you always did.  I remember sitting in your workshop watching you piece together your projects - sometimes having me hold something for you while you added glue or pounded in a nail.  I'm sure you didn't even need my help but you made me feel like you did.  I have my own workshop now.  It's not filled with stacks of wood, table saws and sawdust but with colorful glass and paint and yes, a few hammers and saws too.  I feel at home in there, at peace.  Is that how it was for you?  I hope so.  On this special day I want to say thank you for your unconditional love and spirit and for bringing into this world my 4 brothers and sisters that are the best family a girl could have - we are so blessed.  You and Dad did good. 
Much love always,
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment