Lines and Dots

Lines and Dots
Yummy!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Stepping back...spiraling out

I'm working on my third canvas.  Number 2 is sitting on the floor in my studio glaring up at me.  At least that's what it feels like.  I'm really struggling with that one.  If I get the courage up I'll post some photos of the delightful (NOT) progression of it.  The only thing I like about it is the colors.  Not the imagery or the patterns, nothing else, nada.  I know it's just part of the process, but yuck - it's kind of painful, lol.  Painful in a good way?  Yes, in a I'm pushing myself and it is uncomfortable sort of way.  So Flora said to "spiral out" and step back when that happens.  I'm stepping waaaaaay back.  Like out-of-my-studio-into-the-house back.  She also recommends working on another canvas for a while which is what you see above.  That one has morphed into this:

We'll see what comes next...

1 comment: